Keeping Everyone Safe
As the pandemic in the USA was ramping up and prior to state wide restrictions HVC was hard at work increasing our bio security protocols and putting systems in place that will take us through the long months ahead, now that COVID-19 is part of the local, state and national landscape.
To keep all of your clients, patients and staff safe here are just a few things we have implemented so you know it is safe to come for curbside service.
• Only staff can enter the clinic. All staff are masked at all times and temperature monitored before entry.
• Staff levels in clinic have reduced to 50% to maintain social distancing guidelines.
• Decontamination protocols for staff attending curbside appointments upon re-entry and exit.
• Nurses and support staff working from home have migrated to a cloud-based medical software to assist in returning phone calls and answering your questions.
• Strict hourly cleaning protocols are in place, including decontamination and clean storage of all resale products entering the clinic.
• UVC air filtration panels have been placed in key areas of the hospital. This ultraviolet light filtration system has a long history of use in avian and human health facilities to kill viruses, bacteria, molds and airborne pathogens 24/7.
• Curbside and video conferencing are in place and working well. We do ask for your patience as this is a slower process. Your medical team will be in contact with you via phone or video chat to keep you informed on what they find. You are always in control and after discussing what is medically recommended for your pet, you provide the authorization to perform what is needed for your pet.
• Touch-less payment for services is taken over the phone.
• Online prescription refills. Delivery to those who need, via post of drop off.
• Extra treats, cuddles and play time are being provided to each patient to relieve their stress about coming inside without their mom or dad.