Welcome Back: Now Operating with Curbside Hybrid Service
We hope this finds you well and in good health! We have missed you and are happy to announce we are moving to a “Curbside Hybrid” service model which will allow you to come into the building with your pet. To protect both you and our staff, we continue to be cautious.
What is Informing Our Decision?
We have a statewide positivity rate of 2.9%. In addition, Jefferson and surrounding counties having close to 71% of their populations vaccinated with at least one dose, getting us all closer to herd immunity (we need at least 80% fully vaccinated to achieve this).
With a wide loosening of restrictions over the Memorial Day weekend, there was room for outbreaks that could rapidly move trends in the wrong direction. However, for the last 14 days we have seen a mild increase in cases, but not a spike which means the 71% vaccination rate is helping to keep a lid on runaway cases. Also, though we have had reports of the new Delta variant of COVID-19 in Delta County – the variant that is causing rapid infection in England and India – there is enough evidence that people who have had both vaccinations will be protected against this variant.
Combining stable or declining cases, with higher vaccination rates and a 99% vaccinated staff, we can finally welcome you inside the clinic! Please note that this can change at any time if COVID-19 trends reverse or spike upward.
What is Curbside Hybrid and What Does it Look Like?
- Prior to or upon arrival, please complete the COVID consent entry form. A link will be emailed with your appointment reminder, sent by text to your phone upon arrival or a paper copy can be provided curbside.
- When you arrive, please call and identify what parking spot you are in.
- A veterinary nurse will come to your car to take your pet’s history and escort you and your pet to an exam room where you will see your veterinarian.
- Treatments your pet may need will be performed in the hospital treatment area, not in the exam room.
- Your veterinarian will come back into the exam room to discuss results/next steps/recommendations.
- A member of our customer care team will come into the exam room to complete any transactions before escorting you back to your car.
- Masks, properly worn, will be required by all parties at all times while inside, per state order. If you do not have a mask, you will be provided one.
- Hand sanitizing: please sanitize your hands at the hand sanitizing station prior to entry.
- To allow for social distancing, only ONE pet parent will be allowed in the exam room.
- There will be no waiting in the lobby area; there is seating outside should you need to wait.
- If you prefer, we can continue to assist you and your pet at full curbside service.
Can I come in to pick up medication for my pet?
- Not at this time. To manage both pets and social distancing, we prefer that you call and one of our staff members will bring your medication to you at your car or in the Harmony Garden.
Can I come in for nail trims and nursing appointments?
- If there is proper social distancing available within the hospital, this is an option. Your nurse will let you know at the time of your appointment.
What precautions will Harmony put in place for my safety?
- All staff will remain masked at all times.
- Current COVID-19 cleaning protocols will remain in place.
- We have increased air circulation through our HVAC system.
- UVC Light in the HVAC system kills airborne pathogens.
- A hospital-wide Synexis Bio Defense System is in place to kill airborne and surface pathogens.
- We utilize Molekule aire filtration systems, both hospital-wide and in exam rooms.
- Our staff will be vaccinated to 99%.
We look forward to seeing you soon!