At Harmony Veterinary Center, we have a vision. We strive to get back to the heart and soul of veterinary medicine: the human-animal bond. We see this as a powerful pathway to enriching the human heart, while bringing joy to pets and people, including those of our staff. In our experience, too many individuals come and go in veterinary medicine because they are not supported. We aim to reverse that trend by empowering our team members to be the best they can be while helping them build a career of which they can be proud.
As a growing clinic, we are on a continual quest to find individuals dedicated to their personal and professional growth. From seeking out education and applying it every day, to establishing emotional intelligence and building relationships, our employees stand out by dedicating themselves not only to the lives they are serving but also to the team members with whom they are working. We are honored to help them be successful and proud of the warm, positive, and inclusive clinic environment we have created.
Rethinking Veterinary Medicine
Our founders and co-owners, Julia McPeek and Dr. Shelley Brown, are on a mission to revitalize veterinary medicine. As an integrative clinic, we recognize the best of both conventional and alternative therapies to improve patient health and treat disease. We also see each employee as an opportunity to give back to and connect with the community we serve. We are proud of our team of doctors, nurses and support staff who are committed to making a difference in the lives of pets as well as the community in which they live. See what our clients say about us on Google.
We offer employees a competitive wage and benefits package. If you are serious about developing a career, have the mental and emotional maturity required to accomplish it, and wish to do so in a forward-thinking environment focused on building community, we want to meet you! Please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
About Harmony Veterinary Center
As an AAHA accredited facility, our mission is to enrich the lives of pets and people. With an integrated approach to medicine and individualized treatment paths, we live this mission every day by building partnerships with pet parents to promote a higher quality of life through balanced health and wellness care.
The position is dedicated to training excellence in nursing and support staff. The position will work closely with ownership, DVMs and department leads. Some nursing will be required. Ideal candidate skillset:
- Experienced CVT
- Excellent surgical, dental, and client-facing skills
- Excellent team-building skills and client communication
- Passionate about personal and professional growth and development
- Enjoys learning, teaching, and educating
- Values service and goes the extra mile to reduce a pet’s pain, fear, and anxiety
- Utilizes servant leadership skills to empower trainees to create a positive impact with clients and patients
- Highly organized, mature, and calm in a fast-paced team environment
- Approachable personality, well versed in learning styles and managing trainee personalities
- Responsible, reliable, honest, supportive, compassionate, emotionally intelligent team player
- Able to take initiative, develop training plans, train, and coordinate patient care with trainees, other team members, DVMs, and practice ownership
- Capable of managing a high caseload in partnership with multiple doctors, CVTs, and veterinary staff.
- Efficient use of time management while collaboratively completing the goals of the hospital, departments, and veterinarians.
- Able to advocate for the patient and follow the case details to completion
- Dedicated to the human-animal bond and creating a fear-free experience for pets and people
- Treats patients with tenderness, as if they are your own pets
- Knowledgeable in EzyVet, or quick to learn a new medical software system
- Knowledge of integrative therapies and energy medicine is a plus, but not required
Good Vibes: Feedback from our Team
“We create bonds with our clients and patients, and we work with them to find solutions that fit them, not relying on a one-size-fits-all approach. We also truly care about our team, fostering a cooperative, supportive environment where drama, cliques and divisions aren’t tolerated. My very favorite thing (besides puppies) is seeing my team grow and reach their own goals and milestones.”Dr. Shelley Brown, Medical Director
“Harmony strives to provide the utmost care and support to our clients and patients. Each and every pet is treated as our own.”Katie Gregory, Customer Service Advocate
“Harmony truly cares. You aren’t just another employee. You become family and are treated with compassion. They value input and ideas from everyone, no matter your position or rank. They want you to be happy and do whatever they can to help make that happen.”Callie Sterle, Vet Tech
“They are the friendliest and most considerate vet clinic I've ever had the pleasure of working at. I feel valued, like my voice matters, and I love our friendly team dynamic.”Elizabeth Harris, CVT
“I’ve been with Harmony since they first opened, and I stay because the entire team cares about each patient, their family and each other. I love seeing how excited our patients are to visit the clinic! We work together to reach clinic goals and support each other in our individual areas of interest. Harmony works hard to make sure that all members of the team have a voice, and no one is left behind.”Jamie Gartenmann, CVT
“I appreciate the positive environment and love that I feel from everyone! Harmony will push you to follow your dreams and be the very best version of yourself.”Katelyn Hopster, Receptionist
"Harmony is a great place to work; It’s all in the name! I love the good, calm vibes you get when you walk in. We work together as a team with no drama. The owners really care about the staff and are very supportive. All for one and one for all!”Cheryl Goforth, Pharmacy Lead